Slow Food is working to add more voices to our powerful network of changemakers demanding a just and healthy food system. From now through September 30, 2011, your donation in any amount this month makes you a member of Slow Food USA.
Membership donations are critical to this movement – 75% of the operating budget of Slow Food USA comes from charitable contributions from individuals just like you and me. These donations help the organization reach and educate new people, support local chapters in their outreach and projects, and lead national campaigns to improve food and farming for everyone.
Though there are a variety of membership benefits, the best part is knowing your contribution plays a critical role in bringing people together to plant gardens and share food, to support farmers and local food traditions, to teach the next generation about good food, and ultimately to transform food and farming in the U.S.
- Help shape the direction of the slow food movement.
- Receive invitations to attend local, national and international events and enjoy discounts where available.
- Learn about opportunities to volunteer on local and national projects.
- Your contribution – in any amount during September – makes you a member of Slow Food USA.
- Your contribution of $60 or more also includes regular discounts on books, publications, and other products.
- Learn about important national and international food issues.
- Access exclusive online and offline content, including opportunities to communicate with leaders in the food movement.
- Get tips on cooking, gardening, and “going slow”
- Stay up-to-date on the latest food news.
- Become a part of our active online community. Connect with people who care about slow food locally.
- Join your local Slow Food USA chapter (that’s us, Slow Food Seattle!).
- Get an exclusive Slow Food USA member card (with a donation of $25 or more).
- Support a movement that is local, national, and global.