In just three days, people in all 50 states will sit down to share a meal and bend the direction of history just a little bit. Together, we are publicly rejecting the notion that our schools can’t afford to feed kids anything but the bad food that makes them sick. And the way we’re making this statement is by bringing neighbors together in the spirit of good will and for the joy of sharing good food. That is the heart of our movement.
Attend an Eat-In on Labor Day! There are now 296 taking place in cities and towns across America. Let’s reach 300 and more!
This fall, the Child Nutrition Act, which is the bill that governs the National School Lunch Program, is up for reauthorization in Congress. By passing a Child Nutrition Act that works for children, our nation can support a future where children’s health and healthy food systems are prioritized.
It’s important that you sign this petition at:
If you missed the Orca School/Slow Food Seattle Eat In on September 3, plan to attend one of these on Labor Day!
Eat-In for North King/South Snohomish Potluck
When: 6:00 p.m.
Where: Marina Beach on Admiral Way South, Edmonds, WA
Contact: Mina Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring a dish and beverage to share, your reusable plate, cutlery and cup plus any comfort items – chair, blanket – you wish to enjoy the seaside park.
- Come to the panoramic Marina Beach on Admiral Way South for the northend/south county Eat-In.
- Enjoy the bounteous potluck with your neighbors as the sun sets on Puget Sound and the Olympics.
- Plenty of parking at the park, which is just north of the off leash dog park and just south of the dry dock area and the boat moorage at the Port of Edmonds.
- Bus service available through Community Transit servicing the Edmonds Ferry Terminal and Edmonds Station (Amtrak and Sounder). The closest stop is on Dayton with a few blocks to walk.
Slow Food Snoqualmie Valley Potluck
When: 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Where: The Grange Cafe in Duvall, WA
Contact: Alida Sullivan – email@example.com
$15 per person (SF members $10) KIDS 12 AND UNDER FREE!
- A delicious meal by local foodies & chefs with local produce/meat
- Taste tests for kids ~ grilling demo ~ healthy lunch & snack ideas nutrition facts ~ updates on local farm-to-school programs
- Slow Food Membership Drive to get benefits and discounts with a donation amount of your choice
- Book-signing with Jill Richardson, author of Recipe for America ~ a vision of a sustainable food system