Volunteers are still needed for this weekend’s Pike Place Market Artisan Food Festival on September 25th and 26th. Slow Food Seattle is volunteering as part of Slow Food USA’s “Dig In” initiative, to reach out to our local communities. All proceeds from this weekend’s festival benefit the programs of the Pike Place Market Foundation.
Roles include helping with festival load-in, set-up, stage assistance, tear down – the current areas of greatest need are:
- Load In: Sat & Sun, 6:30–9:30am – bright & early!
- Piggy Banks: Sat & Sun – volunteers ask for $1 donations to support the Market Foundation.
- Money Collecting & Counting: Sat afternoon – just what it sounds like.
- Mainstage: Sat morning & afternoon – helping bands set up and break down.
- Chef Stage: Sun, 10am–1:30pm – one volunteer to assist the chefs doing demos.
Call or email Erika Sweet at the Pike Place Market Foundation to register and be sure to identify yourself as a Slow Food Seattle volunteer (to qualify for an apron)! firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.774.5254.
Recruit your friends and family and enjoy the day together. Make a difference and have some fun!
The first 50 volunteers registered will receive one of our new Slow Food Seattle aprons! Stop by the Slow Food Seattle booth (near the chef’s stage) to pick yours up!