Fish Tacos with Pickled Red Onion, Radish Salad, and Verde Sauce
This verde sauce is really delicious on other types of fish as well, like seared tuna or even over thinly sliced steak. It is also packed with lots of good green nutrients, so splurge!
- 1 ½ lbs white fish, such as cod, halibut or tilapia, boneless and skinless
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- ½ bunch radishes, trimmed and sliced thinly
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly along the grain
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro (reserve half of cilantro bunch for garnish)
- ½ cup mint leaves, packed
- ½ cup basil leaves, packed
- 1 cup spinach leaves, packed
- 1 cup arugula leaves, packed
- 1” knob of ginger, peeled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas, (6 inch each), warmed in oven for 5 minutes
- Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat. Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet to coat lightly.
- Marinate sliced red onions and sliced radishes with ½ cup red wine vinegar. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix the ground cumin and coriander with salt and pepper and sprinkle over both sides of the fish. Broil until the fish is opaque throughout, about 8-10 minutes. Break up fish into chunks.
- In a blender, combine lime juice, rice wine vinegar, garlic, half a bunch of cilantro, mint, basil, spinach, arugula, ginger, green onions, soy sauce and olive oil. Blend until pureed. If sauce is too thick, you can add a tablespoon of cold water to thin out. Set sauce aside.
- To assemble, fill warm tortillas with fish. Top with drained radish and red onion salad. Drizzle with verde sauce and sprinkle with a few cilantro leaves.