Why does Slow Food need members?
- Membership dues provide a stable, sustainable source of revenue for the organization, allowing it to be powered by – and accountable to – everyday people.
- Dues-paying members are a source of political capital. Our growing membership demonstrates to political and industrial leaders the huge number of people who support Slow Food values.
- Members are the lifeblood of the Slow Food Movement. You provide on-the-ground action, whether through a commitment to living Slow Food values or your participation in local projects and activities.
What does your membership support?
- National Slow Food programs, including the National School Garden Program, Slow Meat, Ark of Taste, and other national campaigns.
- Slow Food USA’s annual contribution to Slow Food International, providing support for global programs like Terra Madre, Presidia projects and 1000 Gardens in Africa.
- This local chapter! Part of your dues will be coming right back to this community! Our all-volunteer board uses this support to help sustain our non-profit organization, develop programming, and help fund local projects.
What are membership benefits?
- Exclusive access or discount and pre-sale for Slow Food events. We offer a discount and usually a week to two weeks of pre-sale to members for our events. This ensures you get first dibs on popular events! And some events might be members only. Our popular tuna canning event, usually held in the first quarter of the new year, will always be members-only going forward. Don’t miss out! Check out our calendar or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org more detail on our events.
- We are also working to develop a volunteer membership committee to give our members the opportunity to more directly engage on local Slow Food projects
- Twice-yearly print Slow Food magazine.
- Knowledge that you support an organization that shares your values and is working to make the kind of change in the world you want to see.