Seeking nominees for our 2011 Slow Food Seattle Restaurant Recognition Program
Do you have a restaurant that you’d like to nominate to participate in this year’s SFS Restaurant Recognition Program? Fill out our online nomination form or drop us a line at email@example.com with the name of the restaurant you’re nominating – and if you’d like to include – your reason(s) why they should be part of the 2011 program. We’ve got a pretty good description below that outlines what we mean by Good. Clean. and Fair.
Please note that this is a list of places that are nominated by our members and it’s up to you to keep them accountable when you visit, let them know you saw them listed here, ask them good questions, frequent the spots that are endeavoring to hold true to the principles of Slow Food!
We are looking for local restaurants, producers and artisans who truly exemplify the principles of Slow Food and contribute to the quality, authenticity and sustainability of food we eat in the Seattle-area.
- Taste: creates exemplary experiences at the table
- Seasonal: uses fresh products of the season
- Communal: shares time, talent and resources in the community
- Humane: uses product that has been raised and/or harvested responsibly
- Artisan: presents fine food created by their own or the hands of others
- Sustainable: uses products & processes with minimal long-term effect on the environment
- Local: pursues food sources of the Northwest
- Awareness: recognizes and educates their guests on the source of the products used
Nominated restaurants should all be located in the Seattle-area and all show commitment to our Slow Food philosophy – after being nominated, we ask the restaurants to describe in their own words – how they strive to demonstrate the three principles of Slow Food – GOOD, CLEAN, and FAIR.